• M.Ed (Psych) (UJ)
• B.Ed (Hons) (Psych) (UJ)
• B.A (UJ)
• B.Th (SA)
• PGCE (FET) (UJ)
Key areas of interest:
- Therapy for trauma & treatment of PTSD
- Therapy for children age 8 +
- Therapy for adolescents and young adults
- Therapeutic interventions to assist with exam preparation, studying and/or exam anxiety – for high school or university students or professionals (e.g. CA / Law board exams, MBA etc).
- Brain Working Recursive Therapy – Level 1 (General Psychopathology) and Level 2 (Psychology of Identity and Behaviour)
- Eye Movement Integration Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Career counselling and life design facilitation
- Emotional and psychoeducational assessments of children
- 16PF personality assessments
- Career assessments
- Assessment of ADHD in adults
My Approach & Values
As an educational psychologist I apply the art and science of psychology and psychotherapy in the broad field of learning and development. I offer a safe and welcoming space for children, adolescents and adults to explore, optimize and enhance their educational and psychological health and well-being.
My practice is focused primarily on providing psychotherapy to children, adolescents, young adults and their families. I have a particular interest in working therapeutically with trauma. I have specialized training in newly developed psychotherapy approaches, namely Brainspotting (Phase 1 and 2) and BrainWorking Recursive Therapy (BWRT) (Level 1 and 2). I also provide career counselling, motivational coaching and a variety of psychological assessments.