Impact Training Centre is excited to share the incredible healing power of horses with you on this 3 day Equine Assisted Psychotherapy CPD Course.
Animal Assisted Psychotherapies, and especially Equine Assisted Psychotherapy, are gaining popularity as there is a global shift towards alternative forms of mental health wellness. Recent research is showing EAP to be a systematic, scientific, and highly efficacious form of therapy. The workshop aims to provide a theoretical framework to understanding EAP from an interactional approach as well as experiential learning of the technique itself. Completion of the Interactional Pattern Analysis will be a pre-requisite for this course.
This is a comprehensive course in which trainees will:
– Gain a thorough theoretical understanding of EAP
– Learn about horse behaviour with regards to EAP
– Be educated around safety and ethics in EAP
– Understand how EAP links with the Interactional Pattern Analysis
– Learn how to structure and facilitate an EAP session
– Gain exposure to a 6-week therapeutic program through theoretical discussions and experiential exercises
Dates: 27, 28 and 29 September 2019
Venue: Indigo Horse Centre, Chartwell North Estates, Gauteng
Times: 8am to 5pm all 3 days
Investment: R5400 per person
CEU’s: 24 (including 1 for ethics)
Pre-Requisite: Formal training of Interactional Pattern Analysis is a pre requisite for this course. Trainees from UNISA, Medunsa, Satori and Impact Training Centre are eligable to participate in this training.
Due to the experiential nature of this training space is limited so please book early to avoid disappointment. Contact Privy 083 695 1432 to book