Casey is a registered Counselling Psychologist and Psychometrist, passionate about developing the field of psychology and strives to bring positive change to South Africa within the mental health sector by enabling and inspiring children, adolescents, families, adults and communities to create more meaningful and fulfilling lives. She utilises an integrative approach to psychotherapy, working primarily from an interpersonal therapy model and incorporating cognitive behavioural and narrative techniques where necessary.
Casey currently assists individuals of all ages. Her key areas of interest include assisting children and adults with anxiety; depression; special needs; grief and loss; trauma; and career development and guidance.
She has extensive experience in the field of career counselling, firmly believing that the central goal of career counselling has shifted from choosing an occupation or charting a career path to championing a meaningful work life that matters to the person and to society. The complexities of 21st century life require new ways of helping people construct their career stories and navigate the world of work and careers. Therefore, she incorporates contemporary models and methods in a distinctive approach to advance career counselling in the digital age.
Key areas of interest:
- Play therapy
- Children and adults with special needs
- Career Development and Guidance
- Subject choice assessments
- School-readiness assessments
- Psycho-educational assessments
- Scholastic assessments
- Grief & Loss
- Employee wellness and development
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy; Narrative Therapy; Interpersonal Therapy
- Community Psychology
- MA Counselling Psychology (University of Pretoria) (with distinction)
- Psychometry (University of Johannesburg)
- BA Honours in Psychology (University of South Africa)
- BA Psychology (University of Pretoria)