My Approach & Values
Megan enjoys working with children from the ages of 5 to 18 years.
She has extensive experience in the assessment process and her assessment approach fosters an understanding of individual needs and how to accommodate these needs within a holistic framework.
She follow a person-centered approach to therapy, as she believes it’s effectiveness is closely linked to a holistic approach, supporting the entire person (person, thoughts and psyche) and encourages people to actualize their own goals and values (C.R. Cloninger., K.M. Cloninger., J.E. Mezzich, 2016).
She furthermore, makes use of CBT as she believes that when addressing destructive thoughts, beliefs and behaviours, any attempts to combat the negative modes need to be accompanied by explicit efforts to create new thought patterns and behaviours.
Key areas of interests
- Individual psychotherapy for children
- Individual psychotherapy for adolescents
- Family based therapy
- Career guidance/assessments
- Subject choice assessments
- Emotional and psychoeducational assessments
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Play therapy
- Megan completed her Master of Arts in Educational Psychology at the University of Pretoria