Masters of Commerce in Leadership | University of KwaZulu-Natal 2018
MA Clinical Psychology | North-West University 2009
Bachelor of Psychology | University of Namibia 2007
Grant Strong | Clinical Psychologist
Grant Strong is a Clinical Psychologist who is passionate about treating children from 6 years of age and adolescents with a variety of difficulties, including depression, anxiety, anger, behavioural difficulties, self –esteem and emotional regulation problems.
“I work closely with parents of such children to help them understand the psychological needs of their children, how to identify patterns of unhelpful behaviours and how to intervene systemically within the family.
With adults, I focus on personality disturbances that often manifest with depression, anxiety, anger, withdrawal in relationships and sexual difficulties.
I tend to work a lot with clients who had traumatic experiences or significant changes in their lives that struggle to cope with the daily demands of life.
I am also passionate about working with professional people going through transitions in the workplace. In this context, I assist clients to identify personal growth objectives and develop better capacities to deal with uncertainties in their careers.”
- Addictions (drugs, alcohol, eating, gambling)
- Adolescent issues – Family Relationship Difficulties, Parental Divorce, Eating Disorders, Bullying, Identity Confusion)
- Aggressive behaviour (Anger)
- Anxiety/ Panic Disorders (Phobias, Generalized Anxiety, Bipolar, Panic Attacks)
- Behavioural problems
- Grief Therapy
- Interpersonal difficulties
- Parental Guidance
- Person-Centred Therapy
- Self-harm and suicidal behaviours
- Trauma Therapy